What is An Enrolled Agent? 

Kathy Birdwell E.A. is a tax expert in Yuba City, CA, serving individuals and businesses, with years of experience in income tax preparation. 
Enrolled Agents (E.As) are America's Tax Experts.  EA's are the ONLY federally licensed tax practitioners who specialize in taxation and also have unlimited rights to represent tax payers before the IRS.  "Enrolled" means to be licensed to practice by the federal government, and "agent" means authorized to appear in the place of taxpayer at the IRS.  ONLY enrolled agents, attorneys, and CPA's have unlimited rights to represent the taxpayers before the IRS.  In addition to stringent testing and application process, the IRS requires enrolled agents to complete 72 hours of continuing education credits reported every 3 years , to maintain their enrolled agent status.  NAEA members are held to a higher standard, they are obligated to complete 30 hours per year (for a total of 90 hours per three year period).  Only enrolled agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in all areas of taxation, representation and ethics before they are given unlimited representation rights before the IRS.  Unlike attorneys, and CPA's, who are state licensed and who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all enrolled agents specialize in taxation.